Bulgaria's Top Male Tennis Player Wins Geneva Challenger Cup
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov came to win Sunday the Geneva Challenger ATP Cup, scoring 6:2, 4:6, 6:4 against Spanish Pablo Andujar.
Dimitrov started out energetically, making for a 6:2 win the first set.
During the contested second set Andujar came to take the lead, winning it 4:6.
That affected adversely the Bulgarian's play and Dimitrov was losing 0:3 in the third set. Nevertheless Bulgaria's best male racket came back in the game and won the set 6:4.
Dimitrov's rival Andujar is the more experienced player and was ranked 118th. A the beginning of the week Dimitrov was ranked 245th, which was his best personal performance. Sunday's win of the ATP Challenger Cup will boost his record and bring him to the world's top 200.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Improved Offensive & Defensive Lines Could Put The Baltimore Ravens Right Back In Contention After Shocking Failure To Reach The Playoffs
- » It’s final: Djokovic will not participate in the Australian Open, he must leave the country
- » Australia Revoked Djokovic's Visa for the Second Time
- » Boris Kolev Wins His First WSOP Bracelet
- » Djokovic Apologized for his Media Appearance while being Positive for COVID-19
- » Djokovic Detained again in Australia