Bulgarian Maid in Greece with Amnesia after Harassment
A 36-year-old Bulgarian woman has been was a victim of systematic bullying and group rapes in a village in southeastern Greece where she worked as a housemaid.
The Greek local newspaper “Xronos” reported Saturday that the Bulgarian was in a state of shock from the violence she has been subjected to.
She has been accommodated in a specialized center for protection of women under the supervision of specialists and psychologists.
The woman suffered from post traumatic amnesia and was not able to explain in details what has happened, despite being questioned in both Bulgarian and English.
The Bulgarian has been working as a housemaid in houses near Kryonerio and Proskinites in the southeastern part of the Rhodopes region. There she fell into the hands of a group of criminals who forced her to prostitute and have subjected her to a systematic harassment.
The case has been taken up by the deputy mayor of the Maroneia municipality in the Rhodope Prefecture of Greece, local social services and a group of psychologists who have put their efforts to provide the victim with psychological help and guarantee her safety.
The Greek authorities have begun investigating the criminals who are not known yet.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene