Belgium's Police Arrest 9 Bulgarians for Metal Theft
The police in Brussels have arrested nine Bulgarians suspected of being part of a crime group dealing with metal thefts, the Belgium’s daily “La Derniere Heure” has reported.
The Bulgarians have allegedly stolen cables worth more than EUR 175 000, mostly from the region of Wallonia, which is predominantly French-speaking southern region of Belgium.
The gang has been stealing mostly cables that were buried in the earth next to railway lines.
Six of the Bulgarians have been placed under arrest and a seventh person has been taken to a detention center.
“La Derniere Heure” has also reported about a Bulgarian, who has been a part of another crime gang, dealing with cables thefts. He has been arrested together with three Romanian citizens.
They have been stealing copper tubes and other copper products. The stolen metal that the police have found weighed several hundred kilograms.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Police detained 43 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Massive Special Police Operation in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania
- » A Security Expert pointed out that Kamenov's Murder was Not Typical of the Bulgarian Crime World
- » Wanted by Interpol Bulgarian Krasimir Kamenov-Karo was Murdered in South Africa