Bulgarian Doctors Ready for Countrywide Strike
All medical professionals in Bulgaria are getting ready to go on strike in mid-September, the Chair of the Bulgarian Doctors’ Union, Tsvetan Raychinov, informs.
Raychinov met Thursday with the President of the Podkrepa labor union, Konstantin Trenchev to discuss the crisis in the healthcare system over the never-ending cuts in hospital funding.
On Wednesday, the Health Ministry admitted they are planning severe cuts for emergency hospitals and emergency rooms.
Raychinov and Trenchev appealed to all patients to join the protests because they are those who suffer the most from the weaknesses in the healthcare reform.
The labor union leader further says the blame for the problems in the health care sector, along with almost all other problems – in the retirement system, in the area of culture and others, goes to Finance Minister, Simeon Djankov, adding Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, often receives misleading information.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 532 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 549 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Sharp Jump in New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Third Case of Monkeypox has been Confirmed
- » Bulgarian Doctor Kunchev: In 2-3 weeks We Expect a Peak of a New COVID-19 Wave
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 123 New Cases in the Last 24 hours