Bulgaria's Sofia to Renovate Schools, Kindergartens
173 kindergartens and schools in the Bulgarian capital Sofia will be renovated by the fall, Sofia's Deputy Mayor for investments and construction, Irina Savina, has announced.
Savina has explained that the total cost of the renovations will amount to nearly BGN 6 M.
“The municipality should reconstruct 40 schools and 123 kindergartens in Sofia and a few more in regions near the capital. Besides the planned renovations, there are also some emergency ones,” she said Wednesday.
The deadline for the reconstructions is September 15 when school starts. However, in Savina's words, some will not be finished in time because of some emergency situations that may delay the finishing until November.
Sofia's Deputy Mayor for investments and construction has advised that parents should get more information from the directors of the schools.
“As for the buildings that will still be under construction after September 15, children will either be able to enter buildings that are safe or would be gathered in mixed classes and groups,” Savina said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today begins the New School Year for Bulgarian Students: Over 57,000 First-Graders Enter the Classrooms
- » Bulgaria: As of October 1, Students' Notes for Medical Excuse become Electronic
- » Bulgaria: 2000 Children from Ukraine will study in Schools and Kindergartens in Varna region
- » Bulgaria: Teacher Salaries will be Increased by 15%
- » A Moscow-Sponsored School in Bulgaria is Closing its Doors
- » The American Council for International Education - Bulgaria is looking for Host Families for Students from the USA