3 Bulgarian 'Killers' Face Murder Charges
The Bulgarian Prosecutor’s Office will press charges against the three individuals arrested in the sequel of the special police operation codenamed “the Killers.”
The news was reported Tuesday by Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, who identified the three as Yanko Popov aka Tutsi, believed to be the person ordering the recent murder of Samokov’s controversial businessman, Yuri Galev, Vasil Kostov aka Vasko Ketsa (the Sneaker) and another man known only as Raycho.
The Prosecutor will request permanent detention for all, while the charges involve plotting another murder – of the businessman from the Bulgarian city of Shumen, Rumen Rachev.
Tsvetanov explained the police had a lead after searching a mountain cabin where the physical perpetrators of Rachev’s murder used to hide. The latter’s whereabouts are unknown, but there is evidence Tusti and Ketsa were the men leading the killers in and out of the cabin.
According to the Minister, “the Killers” are involved in several other shootings in different parts of the country, but he declined to offer further details.
The Interior further informs the gang has ties abroad and is probed for the 2004 murder of Mihail Manolov in the Black Sea city of Varna. Manolov was shot with a machine gun.
Rumen Rachev, 42, was gunned down in July, 2009, while getting into his SUV parked near the main entrance of the Shumen hospital.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Over 50 Migrants Detained in Vratsa Region in Just One Hour!
- » Spanish Police Nab Bulgarian Mafia Leader in Sevilla Football Club Extortion Case
- » Tragic Night in Plovdiv Village: Double Murder and Suicide Unfold
- » Violent Robbery Shakes Blagoevgrad: One Injured in Shooting Incident
- » Global Child Pornography Bust: Two Detained in Bulgaria in Widespread European Operation
- » Bulgaria Reports Over 7,000 Intoxicated Driving Cases in 2023