Further Probes into Bulgarian Mayor, Football Legend
The case of the probe against the Mayor of Bulgaria's Southern city of Sliven and former top football star, Yordan Lechkov, has been brought back to the Regional Prosecutor's Office.
The information was announced Friday by the spokesperson of the Sliven Regional Prosecutor's Office, Violeta Kalaydzhieva.
The request for 6-month extension of the probe was filed by the Monitoring Prosecutor in the case, Plamen Stefanov, who is also the Sliven Regional Prosecutor and was granted by the Appellate Prosecutor’s Office in the Black Sea city of Burgas in July on the grounds of need to collect additional evidence.
Kalaydzhieva has not announced the reasons for the transfer of the case from the Supreme Cassation Prosecutor's Office to the Sliven Regional Prosecutor's Office or whether amendments have been made to the documents.
This is the second extension in the case against Lechkov, who is charged with inflicting damages on the Sliven municipality by reckless managements and with abuse of power during the August, 2008 – February, 2010 period.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene