France to Deport Further 139 Roma to Bulgaria or Romania
France will allegedly fly out Friday a further 139 Roma persons from its territory to Bulgaria or Romania, according to information by French minister of immigration Eric Besson.
Thursday French authorities deported 86 Roma from illegal squatting camps to Romania.
Besson announced that at least 850 Roma persons will have to leave France by the end of August.
The next deportation is expected for next Thursday, when 160 persons will be deported.
Meanwhile, the French government is reluctant to style its actions as "deportation", saying that Roma people are leaving the country by mutual agreement and for a compensation (EUR 300 per adult, EUR 100 per child), and also retain the right to return whenever they might wish.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria