Cigarette Contraband Busted on Serbia-Bulgaria Train
The Bulgarian Customs agents from the border cross point Kalotina, between Bulgaria and Serbia prevented a large-scale cigarette contraband Monday, the Customs Agency informs.
Thousands of packs of cigarettes were found in a compartment of the international train traveling from Serbia to Bulgaria. They were hidden in cavities in the compartment’s ceiling and walls. Most packs and boxes have Serbian excise duty labels from the Victory and Vice Roy brands; there are also boxes of Eva Slims without a label and of Marilyn Slims with Duty Free labels.
The compartment had been empty at the time of the check, so the indictment is against a unknown perpetrator. The contraband train scam is preferred and often used by the smugglers precisely because the authorities have a hard time finding them, experts explain.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria