Bulgarian Agriculture Minister Assuages Grain Shortage Fears
Bulgaria has got plenty of good-quality wheat and is not threatened by a grain shortage, Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov said Saturday.
In his words, 97% of the wheat crops have been harvested. He emphasized that there are no reasons for concern despite media reports, and that Bulgaria will have bread thoughout the year.
In his words, a 30% increase of the bread prices will be totally speculative and unjustified, and a kilogram of bread should not cost more than BGN 1.
“The bread prices are going up because our bread-makers reacted very quickly to the changes of wheat prices around the world. This trend will stop when the situation in Russia normalizes,” Naydenov declared.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sofia Airport has served 3.3 million passengers in 2021
- » Innovation Minister: Investors had given up on Bulgaria because of corruption but now it’s different
- » Gardeners: There are not enough seasonal workers
- » National Security and Police are doing an Inspection in Bulgargaz
- » Bulgaria: The Minimum Salary will be over EUR 350
- » Telenor Bulgaria will Raise Prices, but only with the Inflation Rate for 2021