Bulgarian Capital to Enjoy Weekend Downtown Street Fairs
During three Sundays in a row, the “Tsar Ivan Shishman” street in downtown Sofia will be closed for traffic in order to hold a street fair organized by the Bulgarian capital's City Hall.
All automobiles parked on the street in the section between “Graf Ignatiev” street and “Narodno Sabranie” square will be towed beginning Sunday, August 15.
During the last Sundays of the summer, Sofia residents and guests will be able to enjoy a rich entertainment program including arts and crafts for children and adults, games, sports contests, concerts, art displays and drama performances.
The start is at 4 pm. Before that the street will be thoroughly cleaned. The event ends at 9:30 pm, but will be followed by a fireworks show in the park in front of the “Sveti Sedmochislenitsi” church.
The Deputy Mayor for Culture says Sundays in Sofia during the summer can be very boring, this is why they have decided to offer some entertainment for those staying in the city.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Artists Protest Low Budget: Demand Higher Pay and Cultural Funding
- » Bulgaria: Museums in are Demanding 50% More Money in 2024
- » Bulgaria Celebrates St. Nicholas Day: A Tradition of Faith and Festivity
- » Celebrating 50 Years: Sofia Welcomes International Book Fair
- » Plovdiv's Old Town to Host Spectacular Three-Day Wine Festival
- » Bulgarian Artist Radoslava Antonova Kostadinova Unveils 'Haikus': A Journey Through Words and Nature