Medieval Bulgarian Warriors Entertain Tourists in Veliko Tarnovo
Dozens of young Bulgarians have taken part in the “Stage of the Ages” Festival in Bulgaria's medieval capital Veliko Tarnovo.
The festival, which lasted for three days ending Sunday, presented authentic costumes of ancient and medieval warriors, peasants, and priests at the Tsatevets fortress in Veliko Tarnovo, the capital of the Second Bulgarian Empire (1185-1396).
Despite the summer heat, the warriors – who are representatives of several sports and traditions club from around the country – presented their skills in wielding medieval weapons such as bows, swords, slingshots, and javelins. Their demonstrations attracted scores of Bulgarian and foreign tourists.
The most active participants in the live performances of medieval Bulgarian war styles and traditions were from the “Sila” (i.e. “Power”) Association from Plovdiv, the Varna club for historical performances “Chigot”, and the Ancient Bulgarian survival school “Baga-Tur”.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Holidays on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast will be between 15 and 30% More Expensive this year
- » Bulgaria: 30% Growth in Bookings for Easter
- » The Third Direct Flight from Bulgaria to Seychelles Landed with 176 Passengers
- » The Number of Foreigners who Visited Bulgaria increased significantly in January
- » The Bulgarian Passport is Ranked 42nd in the World
- » The Minister of Tourism: Boom in Bookings, almost No Vacancies in Bulgaria’s Winter Resorts