Bulgaria Warns against Traveling to Russia over Fires
Bulgaria’s Embassy in Moscow has issued a warning against traveling to Russia as a large part of the latter is affected by environmental problems caused by raging forest fires.
The Embassy has pointed out that the environmental situation in the affected areas of the Russian Federation could be especially dangerous for people with respiratory diseases.
It has urged Bulgarians traveling to Russia to keep in mind that Russian airports might be closed down periodically because of the wild fires.
Bulgaria’s Foreign Ministry has announced that there have been no reports of Bulgarian citizens affected by the forest fires in certain regions of Russia.
Earlier on Friday, the Bulgarian government announced that it will be sending 100 of its best fire-fighters to the aid of the Russians. The aid was negotiated in a phone conversation between the Russian PM Putin and the Bulgarian PM Borisov, who is a former fire-fighter himself.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus
- » The Presidents of Bulgaria and Romania Rumen Radev and Klaus Iohannis Discussed the Efficient Supplies of Food and Raw Materials in the Conditions of Crisis
- » The Government has Approved a Program for Supporting Bulgarian Communities Abroad