Bulgaria's Culture Minister Demands Archaeology Items from Canada
Bulgaria's Culture Minister has asked the Prosecutor's Office to take all necessary actions for the receiving of the Bulgarian antiques, seized by Canadian customs officers in a smuggling attempt.
On Thursday, the Exterior Ministry announced that customs officers from the Canadian city of Montreal have seized 21 000 antique objects with Bulgarian origins in a smuggling attempt.
The Bulgarian Ministry of Culture has announced that the Culture Minister Vezhdi Rashidov has sent a letter to the Ministry of Canadian Heritage to thank them for seizing and keeping the antiques and to ask them to send them back to Bulgaria.
The antiques consist of coins, jewels, metal and glass objects from the Bulgarian, Greek, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman heritage.
According to the assessment of the Royal Ontario Museum, a big part of the antiques come from the lands of today's Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Archeologists from Varna discovered an Ancient Object with an analogue only in the Louvre
- » Why Elon Musk and Elden Ring Could Boost Tourism in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Archaeological Excavations of a Medieval Monastery in Ahtopol
- » Bulgarians and Brits Save Remains of a Roman Fortress after Raids from Treasure-Hunters
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Unearth Unique City of Dead at Perpericon
- » Historical Discovery: America was Reached by Humans 7,000 years ago