Canada Seizes Bulgarian Archaeology Items in Smuggling Attempt
The customs officers from the Canadian city of Montreal have seized 21 000 antique objects with Bulgarian origins, in a smuggling attempt, the Bulgarian Exterior Ministry has announced.
The antiques consist of coins, jewels, metal and glass objects from the Bulgarian, Greek, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman heritage.
According to the assessment of the Royal Ontario Museum, a big part of the antiques come from the lands of today's Bulgaria.
The Exterior Ministry has stated it has taken all necessary actions and is coordinating the efforts of all competent institutions.
It has added that the Bulgarian judiciary will make an official request to the Canadian authorities to send back the antiques to the country.
- » More than 30,000 Antique Objects to Return to Bulgaria after Special Operation by Bulgarian and Spanish Authorities (Video)
- » Significant Archaeological Discovery Found in Varna
- » Findings from the Struma Highway Enter the Exhibition "Bulgarian Archeology 2018"
- » BGN 10 Million Needed for Archaeological Park in Blagoevgrad
- » Archaeological Visitor Centre will be Built in Perperikon
- » Egypt Unveils More than 40 Ancient Mummies