Canada Seizes Bulgarian Archaeology Items in Smuggling Attempt
The customs officers from the Canadian city of Montreal have seized 21 000 antique objects with Bulgarian origins, in a smuggling attempt, the Bulgarian Exterior Ministry has announced.
The antiques consist of coins, jewels, metal and glass objects from the Bulgarian, Greek, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman heritage.
According to the assessment of the Royal Ontario Museum, a big part of the antiques come from the lands of today's Bulgaria.
The Exterior Ministry has stated it has taken all necessary actions and is coordinating the efforts of all competent institutions.
It has added that the Bulgarian judiciary will make an official request to the Canadian authorities to send back the antiques to the country.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ancient City over 3,000 Years Old Discovered in Egypt
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Unearth Another Medieval Settlement
- » Fossil Experts: Early People Hibernated to Survive Harsh Winters
- » Bulgaria: Remarkable Roman Villa Discovered Near Dolna Kremena Village
- » Roman Furnace Almost 1,500 Years Old Unearthed in Bulgaria
- » Turkey: Mosaic Mural Featuring Mysterious Lady Resembles Leonardo da Vinci’s Masterpiece