Israel, Lebanon Open Fire at Border, at Least 5 Killed
It was reported that Israel opened fire against a Lebanese border post Tuesday, firing two rockets and killing at least three Lebanese soldiers and a civilian journalist
The Israeli army confirmed a senior officer killed and one more soldier wounded.
Israely fire destroyed one house in border Lebanese village of Aidasseh and one Lebanese armored vehicle.
Lebanon's President Michel Suleiman and PM Saad Hariri denounced the action as “Israely aggression” against their country.
Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad voiced outrage at “Israel's heinous aggression against Lebanon.”
Nevertheless a message from the cabinet of Israely foreign minister Avigdor Lieberman said that it is the Lebanese government who is responsible for the incident and warned of “serious consequences” should such skirmishes continue.
Sources said that the UN Security Council will hold consultations Tuesday to discuss the matter.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 472 of the Invasion of Ukraine: More Evidence of Actual Explosion in Nova Kakhovka
- » Donald Trump has 37 Indictments
- » The Majority of the Bulgarian Community in Zaporizhzhia is under Occupation
- » Day 471 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is waging a Counteroffensive on at least 3 Fronts
- » Member States agreed on "Fair Distribution" of Refugees and Migrants in the EU
- » Charges have been Filed against former US President Donald Trump