Prosecutor Wants Permanent Arrest of Rompetrol Bulgaria Boss
The prosecution in Veliko Tarnovo requested permanent detainment for Rompetrol Bulgaria CEO Sorin-Octavian Nichita and his Romanian companion Ionu? Pânzaru, who are charged with causing mayhem and interfering with the work of police officers.
The two Romanian citizens were arrested in Arbanassi near Veliko Tarnovo after midnight Friday, when they entered in a brawl with police and security guarding of Speaker of Bulgarian Parliament Tsetska Tsacheva, after being denied entry into the restaurant at which he dined with other official guests.
It appears that charges against the two Romanian citizens were officially filed Sunday, after being prematurelly announced by Tarnovo police Saturday.
The Veliko Tarnovo court will decide whether to actually keep the two under arrest later Monday.
The police and the arrested have widely diverging versions of the incident, with each of the parties accusing the other of gravely improper conduct.
Curiously, Bulgarian media are still continuing to misquote in various ways the names of the arrested Romanian citizens.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison