Bulgarian Milk Producers Threaten Blockade of Country
Bulgarian milk producers are threatening to stage large-scale protests in the fall in desperation over the state's lack of engagement with the sector, report Bulgarian media Monday.
Representatives of milk producers that the government systematically fails to fulfill its commitments to them and that as a result production of milk in Bulgaria is dying down.
They said that if by September their requests are not met they will stage a blockade “more frightful than the one in Greece.”
Milk producers mentioned leeways the government has to support their sector, such as including livestock breeding in regional development programs and a more flexible policy.
But they were pessimistic of the situation. “It looks as if there is a conspiracy to destroy the production of milk in Bulgaria,” said many representatives.
They quoted figures of declining numbers of livestock and milk produced in the last two decades.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » An Early Warning system for Disasters and Accidents is being developed in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 60 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Southwestern Regions
- » Earthquake in Bulgaria with a Magnitude above 4.5
- » Bulgaria: 44% Increase in Water Bills is expected in Sofia Region
- » A Bulgarian was found Stabbed in the center of Athens