Energy Minister: AES Wants to Alter Bulgarian Legislation
American energy company AES is intentionally protracting its project for building a solar power plant near Silistra, because it wants changes introduced in Bulgaria's law on renewable energy, said Minister of Energy Traicho Traikov.
The statement, quoted by Dnevnik.bg doesn't make clear whether Traikov was negative or positive about that fact.
He further stated that the changes that AES wants introduced into legislation is a state subsidy that would amount to BGN 50-100 M.
Traikov went on to praise AES, saying “I admitted the American company only because it was AES. There are over 150 similar projects whose executors want to hold a meeting with me, but I do not admit them.”
Traikov issued the statement that AES is idling on its own project in response of new pushy criticism on the part of American ambassador to Bulgaria James Warlick, who said upon presenting AES's project Wednesday said: “AES has been waiting for six months to go ahead with its investment, which costs nothing to the Bulgarian government.”
The Bulgarian energy minister stated that this wait is not due to his ministry, but rather to AES's own choice.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Import of Russian Coal into the EU Stops from Today
- » Does Bulgaria receive Russian Gas through Intermediaries?
- » There will be Availability of Natural Gas for Bulgaria until the End of the Year, but at a High Price
- » Bulgarian Minister: The Greece-Bulgaria Gas Connection will have the Greatest Privileges in the Entire Country
- » The French government has drawn up a Package of Measures and Sanctions to Save Electricity
- » German Households to Reduce Energy Consumption by at least 20% due to the Gas Crisis