Energy Minister: AES Wants to Alter Bulgarian Legislation
American energy company AES is intentionally protracting its project for building a solar power plant near Silistra, because it wants changes introduced in Bulgaria's law on renewable energy, said Minister of Energy Traicho Traikov.
The statement, quoted by Dnevnik.bg doesn't make clear whether Traikov was negative or positive about that fact.
He further stated that the changes that AES wants introduced into legislation is a state subsidy that would amount to BGN 50-100 M.
Traikov went on to praise AES, saying “I admitted the American company only because it was AES. There are over 150 similar projects whose executors want to hold a meeting with me, but I do not admit them.”
Traikov issued the statement that AES is idling on its own project in response of new pushy criticism on the part of American ambassador to Bulgaria James Warlick, who said upon presenting AES's project Wednesday said: “AES has been waiting for six months to go ahead with its investment, which costs nothing to the Bulgarian government.”
The Bulgarian energy minister stated that this wait is not due to his ministry, but rather to AES's own choice.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has Managed to Reduce Gas Demand by a record 24%
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Cheaper Gas for April and May
- » The State Oil Company of Azerbaijan will Open an Office in Bulgaria in May
- » Bulgaria’s Energy Minister: I changed the Management of Kozloduy NPP because of Potential Connections with Russia
- » Bulgaria will ask for a Derogation from European Sanctions against Russian Nuclear Energy
- » Bulgaria: 14% Lower Gas Prices for March