Socialist Leader: PM Borisov Makes Bulgarians Retarded
Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov is creating a climate in which Bulgarians can only listen to chalga* and watch Big Brother, in a bid to make them vulgar but dumb and obedient, stated Bulgarian Socialist Party leader Sergey Stanishev.
Speaking in front of young socialist activists ahead of the Socialist Party's yearly gathering at the top of Buzludzha mountain Saturday, Stanishev complained that Borisov not only wants to fool citizens, but to actually make them foolish. “The GERB government is ruinous for Bulgaria's spirituality,” said the socialist leader.
Stanishev, who was Bulgaria's PM 2005-9 before Borisov's GERB came to power, also blasted the government on arbitrary management of the state's coffers. He severely criticized limited state spending on social activities, education and science.
Stanishev also stated that the proposed state budget reform bill has put a reserve of BGN 1.2 B at the random disposal of the cabinet, claiming that it is going to be used for the GERB party's own purposes, among other things in the 2011 presidential elections.
* Chalga is a type of pop music heavily influenced by Balkan and Middle Eastern folk music, with lyrics not infrequently dealing with sex, violence and easy money. It is vastly popular in Bulgaria, and considered by many as exceedingly low-brow.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend