Bulgarian Sumo Boss Denies Ties with 'Killers'
The president of the Bulgarian Sumo Federation Petar Stoyanov aka the Chieftain has denied all connection to alleged organized crime group “the Killers,” reported BGNES Monday.
Stoyanov was among 20 persons arrested Friday in a special police operation codenamed “the Killers,” which targeted a group engaged in organizing paid murders.
“I don't know any of those people, and I hope to find out soon why I have been detained,” said Stoyanov, speaking before a sitting of Sofia District Court that must determine later Monday evening whether Stoyanov and other detainees will be released.
Earlier Monday the Sofia District Prosecutor's office formally charged five those arrested Friday over the murder of controversial Samokov figure Yuriy Galev.
Petar Stoyanov promised to give a press-conference to clarify the situation as soon as he is able to.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Bulgarians are among those detained in a Drug Cartel broken up by Europol
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!
- » Greece detained Bulgarians for defrauding Elderly People for over 260,000 euros