Bulgaria to Privatize State Construction Companies
Bulgaria's Minister of Regional Development, Rosen Plevneliev, announced the State construction companies must be privatized in order to avoid conflict of interests.
Plevneliev gave Monday an account of his work during the first year of the term of the cabinet of his center-right Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) party.
The companies in question are “Construction and Renovation,” “Technoexportstroy,” and “Highways.”
The Minister explained it is certain the first two will be sold, but the cabinet and his experts are still undecided on the third one.
The sale of the 3 companies was planned during the term of Plevneliev's predecessor, Asen Gagauzov, but real steps in this direction are yet to me made.
Plevneliev said he is focusing on the much needed construction of highways in the country and informed that out of the BGN 280 M owed by the State to construction businesses BGN 190 M have already been paid.
- » Bulgaria with a Record Export to Germany: What Do Germans Buy and Where Does it Go?
- » EU Online Gambling Landscape - Changes to Expect in 2019
- » Chinese Company Secures USD 135.5 Million for Bulgarian Port Project
- » Expert: Electricity Prices will Increase by 15% if KEVR Approves CEZ Proposal
- » Projects of over 4,600 Bulgarian Households under the Gasification Program have been Implemented
- » Bulgarian Tobacco Growers Received over BGN 80 Million