Most of Bulgaria Declares Alert over Torrential Rains
A total of 17 of the 28 Bulgarian districts have declared a third-degree alert order because of the forecasts for torrential rains and thunderstorms.
According to the Environment Ministry, the National Meteorology and Hydrology Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences expects that there will be more than 50 liters of rain precipitation per square meter in some parts of the country in the next 24 hours.
The third-degree alert level means possible damage on agricultural and industrial objects as well as threat for people's lives.
The alert level have been raised in the districts of Blagoevgrad, Smolyan, Pazardzhik, Plovdiv, Lovech, Pleven, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Stara Zagora, Kardzhali, Haskovo, Sliven, Targovishte, Ruse, Razgrad, Shumen, and Silistra.
Vidin, Montana, Vratsa, Sofia District, Sofia City District, Kyustendil, and Pernik have a lower level of alert, while no risk is expected for the districts of Dobrich, Varna, Burgas, and Yambol.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Rains will Mostly Stop and Sunny Weather will prevail over Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Dangerous Rain Showers in 8 Regions
- » European Commission: Bulgaria is not interested in Implementing the Just Transition Plan
- » Cloudy Weather in Bulgaria on the First Day of Spring
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Spring comes just before Midnight
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will still be Cold but without Rain and Snow