Bulgarian Minister Vows EU Funds Absorption to 'Last Penny'
Bulgaria cannot have any other goals than to use the EUR 7 B in EU funds to the last penny, the Minister on EU Funds, Tomislav Donchev, said Saturday.
Donchev, who spoke in a TV interview, pointed out in the last few weeks the country has, for the first time, reached the critical threshold of BGN 1 B paid to beneficiaries and BGN 5 B contracted, with a huge portion slated for preliminary, prep activities.
The EU Funds Minister further shared that European resources have been already used to build a large number of day care facilities, purification stations, local waste treatment facilities, and municipal roads.
Tonchev explained 2 new highways are to be built with funds from the EU program “Transport” – Struma and Maritsa while the Lyulin highway is to be ready next spring.
Funds have also been slated for major railroads so that Bulgarians can travel from the capital Sofia to the Black Sea coast in 3 hours instead of the current 7 to 8.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria