Bulgaria's Top Cop Confirms 'Killers' Link to Football Boss Murder
Bulgaria’s Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, confirmed people arrested during the latest special police operation codenamed “Killers” are involved in Yuri Galev’s murder.
Tsvetanov spoke in an interview for Darik radio Saturday morning but declined to offer many details over the special press conference on the police operation scheduled for 12 pm the same day.
The announcement about “Killers” was made by the Interior Ministry Friday, when it was revealed 20 people have been detained, among them the President of the Bulgarian Sumo Federation, Petar Stoyanov.
Tsvetanov informed that Stoyanov is in the hospital now being treated for high blood pressure, and said the person who ordered Galev’s murder is known to the police as well as some of the motives behind it.
Galev, who was brutally shot June 20, passed away in hospital on June 30. He was notorious in Samokov for a number of criminal acts.
The “Killers” have been involved in several high profile murders during the last 20 years of the so-called “transition period,” according to the Minister, who pointed out that Galev’s murder is the first murder for hire in Bulgaria that was solved quickly due to great police work and partnership with the National Agency for State Security (DANS).
Tsvetanov further reiterated his firm support for the idea to establish a special tribunal to deal solely and speedily with high-profile organized crime cases.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bomb Threats again in Many Bulgarian Schools
- » A Bulgarian and 6 other People have been Detained for Preparing Terrorist Attacks in Belgium
- » Bulgaria: There is a Suspect for the Bomb Threats - Emails were sent to 102 Schools across the country
- » Bulgaria: Police Operation in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia