Bulgarian Customs Nab 73 Illegal Immigrants in Truck
Bulgarian customs agents have discovered 73 illegal immigrants hidden in a refrigerator trucks, the Customs Agency has announced.
The illegal immigrants, including two women and two children under 10, were hidden in a Volvo truck with Bulgarian license plates and a Greek driver transporting water-melons from Greece to the town of Debrecen, Hungary.
They were busted at the Greek-Bulgarian border, at the Kulata border crossing point with the use of x-raying equipment.
The illegal immigrants were hidden in a special secret compartment with air conditioning. They are found to have come from Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. The border police and the customs are investigating the human trafficking attempt.
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits
- » Greenhouse for Marijuana Discovered in Southern Bulgaria
- » Three Boys from Kardzhali Stole 80 Kilos of Ice Cream
- » Bulgarian Law Enforcers Dismantle Counterfeit Euro Ring
- » A US Court Condemned an Ukrainian Woman for Child Pornography
- » 25 Members of Drug Gang are Internationally Wanted