Closure Looms for Bulgaria's Polluting Thermal Plants
All Thermal Power Plants (TPP) in Bulgaria that pollute the environment will be closed by the end of 2012, Eco Minister, Nona Kardzhova, informs Monday.
The Minister pointed she has no worries about power shortages because the deadline gives TPPs enough time to fulfill the environmental requirements, adding people constantly approach her with demands for clean air for their children.
The environmental requirements have been agreed on and alligned with the European Commission, which is to send shortly extensive questionnaires for the TPPs.
If it is established that the country as whole is bellow the allowed threshold for sulfur dioxide emissions, some compromise is possible, under certain conditions, especially the quality of the atmosphere, Kardazhova explains.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 118 Snow Plows Work the Roads in Sofia
- » More than 18 Thousand cubic meters of Illegal Logging in Bulgaria was Established in 2022
- » Bulgaria: The Snow caused Problems in Mountain Passes, Yellow Code for Heavy Rain in 11 Regions
- » Bulgaria: Drive your Cars prepared for Winter Conditions
- » Bulgaria: Orange Code for Snow in 4 Regions for Tomorrow
- » Weather in Bulgaria will be mostly Cloudy, almost No Precipitation