Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew Visits Bulgaria
Ecumenical Patriarch and Archbishop of Constantinople Bartholomew I is on an official visit to Bulgaria this weekend to meet Bulgarian believers and official leaders.
Bartholomew I arrived in Bulgarian city of Plovdiv to lead a special festive service Saturday morning on occasion of St. Marina's day, which gathered senior clergy from across the Orthodox world.
Friday miracle-working icon of St. Marina arrived from the Holy Land in Plovdiv's metropolitan church bearing her name.
Sunday morning the Ecumenical Patriarch met Plovdiv intellectuals and artists and learned about the history of the city. Bartholomew spoke of the Orthodox Church strong and historical commitment to the support of arts.
In the afternoon Bartholomew I is on to Sofia, where he will meet Bulgarian President Georgi Parvanov and the Patriarch of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church Maxim.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Opera Star Placido Domingo Celebrates His 80th Birthday
- » Bulgaria: Over Thousand Works of Art Confiscated from Bozhkov’s Apartment in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Celebrates St. Athanasius Day on January 18
- » Grammy Awards postponed until mid March
- » How Bulgarians Celebrate Christmas Eve - Customs and Traditions
- » 250 Years from The Birth of Beethoven