Spain's Iker Casillas Wins World Cup Golden Glove
The goalkeeper of World Cup 2010 champions Spain, Iker Casillas, was awarded the tournament's Golden Glove award.
Previously known as the Lev Yashin award, by the name of legendary Soviet goalie active in the 50s and the 60s, the prize is given to the player considered the best defending the goal during the tournament.
Casillas is new champions Spain's team captain and his great play at the goal was instrumental for his country's triumph at the cup.
Iker Casillas (29 years old) has 111 caps with his national football team. Currently he plays for Real Madrid.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Will Tokyo Olympics Be Canceled over Covid-19 Pandemic?
- » Yasen Petrov is the New Manager of the Bulgarian National Football Team
- » European Taekwondo Championship 2021 to Be Held in Sofia
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Beats Pele in All-Time Scoring Record
- » Bulgaria: Tsvetana Pironkova is Athlete of 2020
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Player of the Century at Globe Soccer Gala