Bulgarian Foreign Minister Pays Respects to Srebrenica Massacre Victims
Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Nikolay Mladenov was among the international guests to the remembrance ceremony of the 15th year since the massacre in Srebrenica in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Mladenov became the first Bulgarian representative ever to pay respect on part of his country to the memory of the some 8 000 Bosnian Muslim victims who were killed by the Bosnian Serb army in July 1995.
“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends,” a quote by Martin Luther King, Jr., was what the Bulgarian Foreign Minister Mladenov wrote in the book for condolences at the Potocari cemetery in the Republic of Srpska.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The New US Ambassador: Bulgaria is a Strategic Partner and Ally of the United States
- » The Bulgarian Cultural and Information Center moved to Downtown Skopje
- » Bulgaria’s MFA handed a Note of Protest to the Ambassador of North Macedonia after the Shooting in Ohrid
- » Another Provocation! Shooting at the Bulgarian Club "Tsar Boris III" in North Macedonia
- » MFA on Russia's Propaganda Rhetoric: Bulgaria's Position is in Support of Ukraine
- » Russia on Bulgaria’s Military Aid to Ukraine: A Hostile Act, further Worsening our Relations