GDF Suez Mulls EUR 5 M Investment in Biomass Plant in Bulgaria
French energy company GDF Suez is considering investing EUR 5 M in a biomass plant in the Bulgarian mountain resort of Bansko.
The news has been announced by the Bansko Municipality after town mayor Alexander Kravarov met with representatives of GDF Suez.
The manager of the local private company Bul Eco Energy Ltd, Krasimir Vluchkov, was also present at the meeting. Bul Eco Energy has created and runs the local biomass thermal power plant in Bansko, which burns wood to provide heating and hot water to the town and a number of its hotels.
By the end of July GDF Suez, which focuses on energy efficiency and renewable sources, is going to present to the Bansko Municipality its investment offer.
The Bansko Municipality has pointed out that the French company has set up biomass heating installations in 150 cities and towns around Europe.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding: BGN 50 Million Loan for Mini Maritsa Iztok
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov Arrives in Athenes Where Will Be Signed the Contract for Gas Terminal Near Alexandroupolis
- » Half of Bulgaria's Capital Sofia Without Electricity Due to an Accident
- » General Electric Co Signed Agreement Valued at Over $1.2 Billion with the Iraqi Ministry of Electricity
- » Executive Director of the Bulgarian Energy Holding Jacklen Cohen Resigns
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov Inspected the Construction of the Interconnector with Greece