Bike Riders from Sofia to Enjoy Special Lanes in 5 Years
The first program for building a network of bike lanes in Sofia is ready, the mayor of Sofia, Yordanka Fandakova has announced.
On Saturday Fandakova awarded students who participated in the traditional bicycle trip marking the end of the academic year.
“It is expected the program to be finished in five years. The start of the program has been funded by the Sofia municipality and for the next stages we will try to find funding from the EU,” the mayor said.
She added that the building of a 7-km bike lane in the Sofia district “Mladost” will begin in the fall.
Over 300 people gathered Saturday morning for the event, which involved a 20-km ride to nearby town of Bankya.
Students were joined by three members of the Bulgarian cabinet: Sergey Ignatov, Minister of Education, Traicho Traikov, Minister of Economy and Energy, and Tomislav Donchev, Minister for EU funds.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Researchers Reveal how Bone Health is Associated with Dementia
- » Bulgaria Ranks 77th in the World in Terms of Happiness
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 150 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Rains will Mostly Stop and Sunny Weather will prevail over Bulgaria
- » Photos of Jackson Pollock's Painting that was Found in Bulgaria
- » Pollock's Painting, found in Bulgaria, was part of Ceausescu's Personal Collection