Bike Riders from Sofia to Enjoy Special Lanes in 5 Years
The first program for building a network of bike lanes in Sofia is ready, the mayor of Sofia, Yordanka Fandakova has announced.
On Saturday Fandakova awarded students who participated in the traditional bicycle trip marking the end of the academic year.
“It is expected the program to be finished in five years. The start of the program has been funded by the Sofia municipality and for the next stages we will try to find funding from the EU,” the mayor said.
She added that the building of a 7-km bike lane in the Sofia district “Mladost” will begin in the fall.
Over 300 people gathered Saturday morning for the event, which involved a 20-km ride to nearby town of Bankya.
Students were joined by three members of the Bulgarian cabinet: Sergey Ignatov, Minister of Education, Traicho Traikov, Minister of Economy and Energy, and Tomislav Donchev, Minister for EU funds.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Orthodox Church celebrates the Annunciation
- » "Earth Hour" - We turn off the Lights and Shine a Light on the Problem of Endangered Animal Species
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 148 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria has the Lowest GDP per capita in the EU
- » We move the Clocks forward an Hour on Sunday
- » Bulgaria: The Zoo in Burgas acquired New Exotic Rodents