Bulgaria Supports All Balkan Countries for Joining EU
Bulgaria’s PM Boyko Borisov has announced the country’s support for EU entry for all Balkan countries.
Borisov participated in a summit in Dubrovnik, during which the EU and the Balkan leaders have discussed EU integration and the challenges facing the EU in the aftermath of the global economic crisis.
According to the Bulgarian PM, the joining of all Balkan countries to the EU will guarantee prosperity and stability in the region.
“Southeastern Europe can offer market, workforce, and a lot more color to the European Union,” Borisov claimed.
However, he said that this goal requires a lot of hard work and self-criticism by all the Balkan countries and added that they should stop demanding money from the EU.
“As soon as we, within our own countries, manage to reach the necessary effect and reforms, then Europe would want to help us,” Borisov said.
He added that most of the countries in the region can learn a lot from the advanced democracies.
“Some of the Balkan countries have a long way to go with respect to their judicial systems, combating organized crime and corruption, smuggling and international relations,” Borisov said.
According to him, the destiny of the Balkan countries is in the hands of the Balkan political leaders.
“As long as we keep competing who is greater, bigger, or stronger, we have no chance as united Balkans,” Borisov said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM: I Do Not Believe in Zones of Influence, Bulgaria’s Sovereignty is Above Everything
- » Bulgarian MFA: We call on Russia to Show Respect for Bulgaria’s Foreign Policy Choice
- » Bulgarian President: Russia's Insistence on the Withdrawal of NATO forces from Bulgaria is Unacceptable and Pointless
- » Bulgarian PM: Bulgaria is a Sovereign State. Russia should De-Escalate
- » Russia's Foreign Ministry: NATO forces Must be Withdrawn from Bulgaria and Romania
- » President of North Macedonia: Kiril Petkov is a Non-Traditional Politician and Optimist in Politics