Van Rompuy Calls for EU-Integration of Balkans
The integration of the Western Balkans in the EU is vital for regional stability, said President of the EU Council Herman Van Rompuy in an interview for Croatian newspaper Jutarnji List Monday.
Van Rompuy started Monday a quick tour of the Western Balkans, with a visit to Ljubljana, capital of EU-member Slovenia, where hi met prime minister Borut Pahor.
In the Jutarnji List interview, Van Rompuy reiterated the strong commitment on the part of the EU for integrating the rest of the West Balkan states, saying that “the European future of the region is the key to its stability and our intention is that the process of EU-integration continue as effectively as possible.”
According to the European Council President, the Western Balkans are “a key priority for the EU.”
Monday Van Rompuy will visit Belgrade to meet Serbian Presiden Boris Tadi?, after which he will visit EU-candidate Croatia and will meet in Zagreb PM Jadranka Kosor and President Ivo Josipovi? Tuesday.
Tuesday Van Rompy will travel to Pristina, Kosovo.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria