Bulgaria's Economy Minister to Check Largest Energy Consumers
Bulgaria's Economy, Energy and Tourism Minister, Traicho Traikov, has announced the beginning of his tour among the country's enterprises, which are the biggest consumers of natural gas and electricity.
With this tour the minister will try to have a better understanding of the conditions in the enterprises, the reflection of the prices on their productivity and the possibilities for optimizing their expenses, the Energy Ministry said.
The news about the tour comes days after the State Commission on Water and Energy Regulation (DKEVR) officially announced that the price of natural gas sold in Bulgaria will go up by 24.63% from July 1.
In the next three months, the price for 1000 cubic meters of gas will be BGN 542.50, compared to the current price of BGN 435.30 for 1000 cubic meters.
The increase in the price of electricity is different for different power distribution companies. For customers of CEZ, which services Western Bulgaria, it will be 1.88%; for E.ON customers (North-Eastern Bulgaria); for EVN customers (South-East Bulgaria) - 1.39%.
The first part of Traikov's tour will be Thursday and Friday in the Bulgarian cities of Varna, Devnya, Targovishte, Razgrad, Pleven and Zlatna Panega.
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: IGB to Lead to a Real Diversification of Sources
- » 90 Days Term to Apply for Participation in Selection for Belene NPP Investor
- » PM Boyko Borisov: Gas Interconnector between Bulgaria and Greece to Play Key Role for the Region and Europe
- » Bulgaria is Officially Seeking for an Investor for Belene Nuclear Power Plant
- » Owners of Small Photovoltaic Plants in Bulgaria Threaten with Civil Disobedience
- » The Energy Efficiency Program Will be Restored From Next Year