Bulgarian Holidays Still Cheaper for Britons
Britons would be better off financially if they went on holiday in Bulgaria rather than Brighton, according to a survey.
Holiday hotspots in Turkey and Cyprus are also cheaper for a UK family of four than a stay on the Sussex coast in Brighton, the survey by Tesco Travel Money found.
While a week in the Bulgarian capital Sofia would cost a family of four GBP 1,221, a seven-night break in Brighton would set them back GBP 2,209.
John Howells, head of travel money at Tesco Bank, said holiday costs have been impacted by the euro exchange rate.
"With the average cost of a holiday for one week coming in at GBP 2,076, a 2% increase on last year, it is essential holidaymakers are not just looking into the cost of travel but also the expenses they are likely to incur once they are there.
"For instance, car hire and accommodation make up 71% of weekly spend and have risen 6 % on last year."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Airports in Burgas and Varna reported over 800,000 Passengers in August
- » This year Trips From and To Bulgaria are Increasing compared to July 2022
- » Wizz Air reached 25 million Passengers in Bulgaria
- » Feces in the Sea: Up to 41 times above the norm is the Pollution on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Chinese Tourists are Returning to Bulgaria and 70 other countries
- » Great Britain is among the Most Popular Destinations for Bulgarians this Summer