Bulgarian Farmers Hope to Export Sheep Milk to China, Saudi Arabia
The Bulgarian Milk Producers’ Association is working on a project to secure markets for Bulgarian sheep milk in China, Saudi Arabia and Australia.
The news was announced Monday by Mihail Velkov, Executive Director of the Association, during a round table on the economic crisis and business stimulus measures in Sofia.
Velkov cited data of the Milk Producers’ Association showing that 70% of the Bulgarian-produced sheep milk is exported. It is well received in countries such as Russia and Ukraine.
“In the future, the milk production sector can have a positive influence on Bulgaria’s trade balance if the state undertakes measures to improve the quality of the milk and to increase the export, especially to non-EU countries,” Velkov declared.
In his words, a number of the Bulgarian tobacco farmers, whose employment is problematic as the state is planning to cut their subsidies, could turn to sheep breeding for a living because of the great potential of this sector.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria May Have New Nuclear Reactor in Ten Years
- » Google Launches New Initiative for Eastern and Central Europe
- » Bulgarian Restaurateurs: We are Ready for Compromise
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 544 Newly Infected, 6,8 Percent Test Positive
- » IMF Head Kristalina Georgieva: Forecasts for Global Economy Are Grim
- » Bulgaria’s PM Met with CEO of Kozloduy NPP, Equipment Purchased for Belene Will Be Used for Units 5,6 of Kozloduy