Bulgarian Farmers Hope to Export Sheep Milk to China, Saudi Arabia
The Bulgarian Milk Producers’ Association is working on a project to secure markets for Bulgarian sheep milk in China, Saudi Arabia and Australia.
The news was announced Monday by Mihail Velkov, Executive Director of the Association, during a round table on the economic crisis and business stimulus measures in Sofia.
Velkov cited data of the Milk Producers’ Association showing that 70% of the Bulgarian-produced sheep milk is exported. It is well received in countries such as Russia and Ukraine.
“In the future, the milk production sector can have a positive influence on Bulgaria’s trade balance if the state undertakes measures to improve the quality of the milk and to increase the export, especially to non-EU countries,” Velkov declared.
In his words, a number of the Bulgarian tobacco farmers, whose employment is problematic as the state is planning to cut their subsidies, could turn to sheep breeding for a living because of the great potential of this sector.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Turns to EU Court Over Mobility Package
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Zaharieva: We Should Not Allow Another Closure of EU Borders Again
- » Tourism Season 2020: Bulgaria's Tourism Minister Angelkova at a Meeting in Sunny Beach
- » 3000 COVID-19 Tests per Day at Kulata Border Checkpoint, Greece Launches Website for Questions
- » Bulgarian Deputies Decided: The State Builds 100 Gas Stations
- » Reuters: Euro Zone Ready to Let Bulgaria and Croatia Into the ERM-2 Mechanism