Bulgarian Bishop: Gay Parade Stands for Depravity, Shame
The Bulgarian Orthodox Church is praying for the “repentance” and “sobering up” of the participants in the Sofia Pride gay parade, said Saturday in a sermon Plovdiv Bishop Nikolay.
Nikolay, who is the youngest of all Bulgarian bishops, condemned the third Sofia gay parade as an expression of depravity and sin.
“God's scripture says that these are death sins, it is shameful to even talk about them, not to mention demonstrating them in such an overt way in the downtown of the capital before the eyes of the moral people and children. Let's watch out to protect our children from the depravity, sin, and evil,” declared the bishop.
“Our law is the Bible. As we can see European laws contradict Christian laws to a great extent. The Holy Church can give people the way to counteract against this spiritual virus,” he said shortly before the taking place of the 3rd annual gay pride parade in Sofia.
Plovdiv Bishop Nikolay is known for his hardline statements, including claiming that the holding of the 2009 concert in Sofia of US pop star Madonna caused God to punish the Bulgarian nation with the sinking of a tourist boat in the Ohrid Lake a few days later, in which 15 Bulgarian tourists perished.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: New Cases are Increasing
- » “Thracian Secret Societies” available in English and Bulgarian for All the History Buffs
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 801 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Woman, Life, Freedom... Protest in front of the Iranian embassy in Sofia
- » Bulgaria is First in the EU in Mortality from Cardiovascular Diseases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 752 New Cases in the Last 24 hours