Bulgarian Police Hit Pirate Online Book Store
The Bulgarian Unit for Combating Organized Crime (GDBOP) has crushed an Internet-based network for illegal sale of books through the Internet site chitanka.info.
The unit has been alarmed for the piracy by the victims, which include the Bulgarian Book Association, the Union of translators in Bulgaria, and a number of publishing houses.
It has been established that the six-person crime group worked from different cities and towns in Bulgaria.
In the loft of a public building in Sofia, GDBOP has discovered the server which has supported the Internet site. The virtual library has been hidden in a room in a printing house.
The site has been updated monthly with around 600 new books, dictionaries and text books from Bulgarian and international authors.
- » Europol: Crime is Increasing Rapidly during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- » Bulgarian Detained with 10 kg of Heroin at Malko Tarnovo Border Checkpoint
- » Bulgarian Citizen Arrested in Turkey for Drug Trafficking
- » Top 7 Most Stolen Cars in Bulgaria
- » 15 Tonnes of Marijuana were Seized in Mexico
- » Two Iranian Citizens Arrested for Attempting to Smuggle 687 kg of Heroin worth about BGN 62 Million