Romanian Media: IMF Give Thumbs up to Bulgaria
Romanian media write Monday that Head of the IMF mission to Bulgaria and Romania, Bas Bakker had praised Bulgaria’s success in fighting the economic crisis.
The Romanian news agency Mediafax and the daily “Gandul” both dedicate articles Bakker’s statements that Bulgaria scored much better then other counties in the region in dealing with the crisis.
In a publication titled “IMF praises Bulgaria for having managed the crisis better than its neighbors,” Gandul points out Bakker praised the stability of the Bulgarian banking system and had stated that “our neighbors did a lot better than other countries in the area as regards anti-crisis measures.”
“Bakker said that currency stability and the lack of pressure in this sector is important, even though Bulgaria's GDP dropped 5%, adding that a reduction in public sector spending continues to be mandatory,” the article explains.
In a Saturday interview for the political talk show “The Week” of Bulgaria’s Darik radio, the International Monetary Fund expert pointed out the stability of Bulgaria’s banking system and currency peg, and increased export.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Revenue Growth of nearly 13%
- » Vestbee launches New Program to Support Cleantech Startups
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Next Year the Minimum Wage should become BGN 940
- » Bulgarian National Bank: Incompetent and Irresponsible Statements! Changing the BGN-EUR Exchange Rate is Impossible
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Minister: There is No Risk of Bankruptcy
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Ministry will propose Budget 2023 with a 3% Deficit, Tax Changes and Spending Cuts