Berlusconi Arrives to Bulgaria for Borisov's Birthday, Garibaldi Monument
Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is arriving to Sofia for the birthday of his Bulgarian counterpart Boyko Borisov.
On Sunday, June 13, 2010, Borisov, who became Bulgaria's PM ten months ago, is turning 51.
Borisov is meeting Berlusconi at the airport, and is hosting a formal state dinner. After that, in the afternoon, the two prime ministers are scheduled to open in Sofia a monument of Italian national hero, Guiseppe Garibaldi.
The monument made by Bulgarian sculptor Georgi Chapkanov will be located on the already existing Garibaldi Square in downtown Sofia, which has recently been cleaned up and reconstructred.
The erection of the Giuseppe Garibaldi monument in Sofia is a reciprocity action of the Bulgarian government to the inauguration of the monument of prominent Bulgarian writer Ivan Vazov on May 21, 2010, in Rome.
This will Berlusconi second visit to Sofia and third meeting with Borisov in 9 months.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Fifty People Protested in front of the Bulgarian Embassy in Skopje
- » Foreign Minister: Joining the OECD is Bulgaria's most Serious Integration Effort after the EU and NATO
- » Russian Senator: Bulgaria should Freeze because it is an Unfriendly Country
- » Bulgaria Suspends Visas for Russians with Property in Bulgaria and for Tourists from Russia
- » Russia Expelled 14 Bulgarian Diplomats
- » The Russian Ambassador expressed Hope that things will Change in Bulgaria