Bulgarian Policeman's Body Emerges From Struma River
A Bulgarian policeman, Boris Markov, was found dead in the Struma river on Tuesday after missing mysteriously for more than 48 hours.
The 45-year-old man arrived in a camp on the Struma river Friday afternoon, planning to go rafting the next day. In the evening he drank alcohol with friends and was mysteriously missing the next morning.
On Sunday policemen from several towns in Southwestern Bulgaria and volunteers began the search for the missing officer, which went 50 km along the river, all the way to the border with Greece.
The investigators believe that Markov had fallen in the river, which had carried away his body. However, the police are also working on other scenarios.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 305 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Today
- » Bulgaria: A Man and a 15-year-old Boy Died in a Car Accident in Vidin region
- » Bulgaria: For 3,5 Years a Family cannot Bury their Daughter as it owes 27,000 leva to the Hospital
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 434 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny until the End of the Week