Erdogan Plans to Sail to Gaza - Report
Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan may personally try to break the Gaza blockade by sailing there, Lebanese newspaper Al-Mustaqbal reported on Saturday.
The paper said the report was based on Turkish sources “in the know.”
According to media reports, Erdogan may also consider sending Turkish Navy vessels to accompany future protest ships that head to Gaza.
The report comes days after Israeli forces killed nine activists who were attempting to break the blockade.
Israel has faced an international outcry over the incident, which has also soured relations with Turkey because most of the dead were Turkish.
But Israel has repeatedly defended its actions, saying its commandos acted in self defence.
Israel has blockaded Gaza since 2007, when the Islamist Hamas movement took control of the territory, and says its policies will not change while Hamas remains in power.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More Than 10,000 Arrested Protesters in America
- » Scientists Have Revealed Dinosaurs Last Meal
- » New Evidence Suggests That Mars Indeed Had a Ring
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 6.8 Struck Off Chile’s Coast
- » Trump Threatens to Deploy the US MiIitary if "Violent Protests" Continue
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises