Wife of Murdered Bulgarian Journalist Gives Birth
Yuliya, the wife of controversial Bulgarian radio host, Bobi Tsankov, gave birth to a baby girl 5 months after his murder.
The girl will be named after her mother.
Yuliya is an investigator with the 6th Police Precinct in Sofia. She married Bobi Tsankov on November 22, 2009. This has been Tsankov’s second marriage. He was married to his first wife, Diana, for only a year before she filed for divorce. After hearing the news about his murder in January, Diana said she was not surprised.
Bobi Tsankov was gunned down in broad daylight in downtown Sofia on January 5. The two gunmen escaped on foot.
Tsankov, who frequently reported on organized crime in Bulgaria, died at the scene.
Bulgaria’s alleged crime bosses Krasimir and Nikolay Marinov, aka The Marguin Brothers and the Roma boss Sako are the prime suspects in ordering Tsankov’s murder, but the Prosecutor’s Office has failed so far to present sound evidence for their conviction.
Tsankov, when still alive, was tried for fraud involving radio games in numerous cases, and always said he was afraid for his loved-ones. When Yuliya became pregnant, the journalist, who had many debts to settle, became increasingly alarmed about her safety. Rumors even say Yuliya had been kidnapped at some point by criminals wanting to scare Tsankov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Duration of the Isolation of Patients is Reduced from Today
- » Bulgaria: Are Gas Stations Draining Money through the Anti-Crisis Measures
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1,350 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Another Death on “Trakia” Highway
- » COVID-19: New Changes to Quarantine Measures in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Goat's Milk Curd Won the Highest Award at the Great Taste 2022 Competition