Bulgarian Police 'Cigarettes' Special Ops Hits Contraband Jackpot
Bulgaria's police had confiscated 4 300 master boxes of cigarettes with expired excise labels, the Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, informs Friday.
The operations was carried out in the village of Sadovo while the amount of the contraband cigarettes equals the load of 5 heavy duty trucks – several millions of cigarettes.
The excise labels have expired on March 31, 2010 – the date Bulgaria introduced the new, higher excise on cigarettes.
3 individuals have been arrested, including the alleged ringleader, who has a long wrap sheet. 100 bottles of illegal vodka and fake excise labels were wound during the raid of his house.
- » Two Tonnes of Cocaine Seized in a Narco-Submarine in Peru
- » Developing: Shooting in New Jersey, there are Killed and Injured
- » Police Took Down a Drug Trafficking Network in Europe, 11 Arrested
- » Pirates Abducted 19 Members of a Greek Tanker
- » Polish Customs Officers Seized Cocaine for Half a Billion Euro in Poland
- » Computer Scammers Have Stolen Tens of Millions from over 47 Companies Worldwide