Bulgarian Police 'Cigarettes' Special Ops Hits Contraband Jackpot
Bulgaria's police had confiscated 4 300 master boxes of cigarettes with expired excise labels, the Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, informs Friday.
The operations was carried out in the village of Sadovo while the amount of the contraband cigarettes equals the load of 5 heavy duty trucks – several millions of cigarettes.
The excise labels have expired on March 31, 2010 – the date Bulgaria introduced the new, higher excise on cigarettes.
3 individuals have been arrested, including the alleged ringleader, who has a long wrap sheet. 100 bottles of illegal vodka and fake excise labels were wound during the raid of his house.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Ivan Geshev: An Inspection of the Minister of Culture Has Been Appointed
- » SP's Office Summons PM Borissov over the Bobokov Investigation
- » Bulgarian Commandos Arrested Bozhkov's Security Chief
- » Bulgarian of Syrian Descent Arrested in Bourgas for Terrorism
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Corruption Commission with Claims for BGN 140 Million Against Minyu and Stayko Staykovi
- » Bulgaria: Former Ministers Simeon Dyankov, Traicho Traikov and Businessman Prokopiev Acquitted in EVN Case