Bulgarian Police 'Cigarettes' Special Ops Hits Contraband Jackpot
Bulgaria's police had confiscated 4 300 master boxes of cigarettes with expired excise labels, the Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, informs Friday.
The operations was carried out in the village of Sadovo while the amount of the contraband cigarettes equals the load of 5 heavy duty trucks – several millions of cigarettes.
The excise labels have expired on March 31, 2010 – the date Bulgaria introduced the new, higher excise on cigarettes.
3 individuals have been arrested, including the alleged ringleader, who has a long wrap sheet. 100 bottles of illegal vodka and fake excise labels were wound during the raid of his house.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria