Bulgarian Police 'Cigarettes' Special Ops Hits Contraband Jackpot
Bulgaria's police had confiscated 4 300 master boxes of cigarettes with expired excise labels, the Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, informs Friday.
The operations was carried out in the village of Sadovo while the amount of the contraband cigarettes equals the load of 5 heavy duty trucks – several millions of cigarettes.
The excise labels have expired on March 31, 2010 – the date Bulgaria introduced the new, higher excise on cigarettes.
3 individuals have been arrested, including the alleged ringleader, who has a long wrap sheet. 100 bottles of illegal vodka and fake excise labels were wound during the raid of his house.
- » Police Detained a Bulgarian in France with Nearly 30 kg of Cannabis
- » 1kg of Cocaine and Almost 5kg of Heroin Seized by Police in Plovdiv Area
- » Cyberterrorists Attacked 40 US Cities
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office Files Indictment Against Controversial Banevi Family
- » Over One Tonne of Cannabis Was Found Aboard a Yacht in Greece
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits