Israeli Investors Eye Bulgarian Farm Lands
Israeli companies are interested in purchasing Bulgarian farm lands, according to Agriculture Minister, Miroslav Naydenov, who is on an official trip to Tel Aviv Friday.
Naydenov met with his Israeli counterpart, Shalom Simhon.
About two months ago, the Agriculture Minister stated a strategy to manage farm lands belonging to the State is being prepared where some of the plots will be offered for sale while others will be leased which would yield revenues of BGN 400 M.
Naydenov told Simhon Friday that the State cannot manage its lands well and intends to sell at least part of the 3 million decares of State-owned plots.
Israel further expressed interest in helping Bulgaria with irrigation and farming technologies, modernization of cattle-breeding, meat processing and importing beef from Bulgaria.
The Bulgarian Minister also asked for assistance in improving food safety.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Germany Plans to Ease Restrictions for the Holidays
- » COVID-19 Will Cost 132 Billion Euro to Airlines Worldwide
- » Musk Eclipses Bill Gates Becoming the Second Richest Man in the World
- » "Shocking" Clashes in Central Paris as Police Clears up Migrant Camp
- » Long Lines of Trucks at Some Bulgarian Borders
- » Economy in Crisis: What Sectors Benefit Most from Pandemic and Lockdown and What Are Brought to Ruin?