Bulgarian Journalist Murdered by Cuban Husband
The Bulgarian journalist, 29, who was found dead in her apartment in the Belgian capital Brussels, her body covered with multiple stab wounds, has been killed by her husband, a Cuban.
The young woman has been identified as Anna Moya, she worked for an Iranian TV channel.
The murderer has surrendered to the police in Luxembourg, while still carrying the knife which he used.
The Bulgarian Foreign Ministry officially confirmed the murder shortly after midday on Friday. According to information of the Belgian police Moya was killed at 7.30 pm on Thursday.
The victim worked as a freelance journalist and held dual citizenship – Bulgarian and American, the statement of the Bulgarian ministry says.
The woman's apartment is located close to the headquarters of the European institutions, a region, where most Bulgarian correspondents in Brussels live in.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Military Man Killed his Girlfriend and Committed Suicide
- » Bulgaria: A Man Stabbed his Neighbors because of their Barking Dog
- » The Bulgarian Entrepreneur Tzvetan Vassilev is No Longer Wanted by Interpol
- » Bulgaria: 9 Months in Prison for a Man caught Driving Drunk for the Second Time
- » A Law will Prohibit the Sale of Nitrous Oxide or “Laughing Gas” to Minors in Bulgaria
- » Operation in Greece for the capture of Bulgarian Cryptoqueen Ruja Ignatova