Bulgarian Orthodox Church Vows End of Schism
The dissidents from the Bulgarina Orthodox Church have asked Patriarch Maxim for forgiveness, the TV channel PRO.BG reports Friday.
The Holy Synod, the Directorate for Religions, and the Minister for Bulgarians Abroad, Bozhidar Dimitrov, have all been notified about the decision for the unification of the Church.
The three highest-ranking clergy from Bulgaria’s Alternative Synod, who extended a hand to the Patriarch, are the Sofia Metropolitan Inokentii, the former deacon from the Rozhen Monastery, Bishop Yoan Bogoslov and Father Nikolay Nikolov.
Meanwhile, Emil Velinov, Director of the Directorate for Religions told PRO.BG that 107 religions are officially registered in Bulgaria, but there aren’t problems with any of them.
- » Unique Discovery: Archaeologists Found the Oldest Metallurgical Plant in Bulgaria
- » New Tuberculosis Drug Cures 80% Of Patients
- » Overturned Lorry Blocks Traffic on Trakia Motorway
- » World’s Oldest Shipwreck was Discovered in the Black Sea, About 50 Miles off the Coast of Bulgaria
- » Emergency Care Modernisation Project will Cover Every Region in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Food Safety Agency: No Danger to Consumers Amid Bird Flu Outbreaks